Mamas Resource Coordinators are formal representatives of Mamas for Mamas across Canada, acting as the safety net for mamas in need of more than they can access through the closed sharing economy group. These volunteers will do a volunteer application with head office including a criminal record check and will be assigned to finding and providing resources for mamas in their local Mamas chapters and associated communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and maintain a list of local and provincial resources (foodbanks, rental subsidy supports, shelters, etc) and encourage others to add resources to the list as they become available.
- Answer messages sent to the Mamas fb business page. Forward business messages to Mamas HQ and respond to messages from Mamas in need with appropriate resources. If a Mama reaches out with a need that cannot be helped through resource list please contact Mama HQ for an alternative solution.
- Be an active participant in the closed Mama group and encourage local mamas to join the group to donate, share, support and connect.
- Skillsets that match this position include but are not limited to: Resource knowledge, active and comfortable on social media, commitment to the privacy of the mamas who reach out to you, and a kind heart. Formal social service education an asset but not required. You do not need to meet all these requirements but a framework is always helpful.
- Review, approve or decline member requests as required.
- Review reported posts as required.
- Monitor daily activity to ensure that members are following page rules.
- Assist members with questions, or concerns as required.
- Direct people to the National Branch Coordinator and/or Branch Executive Coordinator if an issue should escalate and requires more attention.
- Communicate with local branch team members as required
- Report any concerns or mandatory updates to the National Branch Coordinator or Branch Executive Coordinator.