This 6-0week workshop focuses on understanding depression and anxiety as well as gaining the tools to assist in combating the symptoms. Each session is built on the next as you continue to learn strategies and techniques to help you overcome depression and anxiety. Every session will help you take steps towards the life that you desire and are so deserving of.
In the 6 weeks together, you will gain a deeper understanding of your anxiety and feelings of depression, learn tools to challenge negative thinking patterns, become more confident in communicating and setting healthy boundaries, while practicing self-care and meeting your basic human needs.
The 6-week program consists of
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- Self-care and Mindfulness
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – Helpful Thinking
- Communication & Boundaries
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Goal Setting
If you are struggling with depression and/or anxiety, please join this workshop and gain the support a group offers.
Facilitated by a Registered Counsellor.
This program is designed for women to become more centered in who they are, and to take steps towards the successes they desire. The workshop is 6 weeks in length, covering the following topics:
- Goal Setting
- Self-Care and Mindfulness
- 4 Pillars of Health
- Financial Literacy
- Values and Strengths
- Inner Beauty (optional – extracurricular on own time)
Each topic is focused on gaining a deeper understanding and acceptance of one’s self.
Facilitated by a Registered Professional Counsellor.
This well-informed 7-week workshop is designed to comfort, instruct and celebrate with the youngest members of the mama world. Navigating motherhood as a new and young mama can seem daunting and overwhelming.
In this program years of experience are brought together to take the fear and the unknown out of becoming or being a new young mama.
We are proud to offer the transferring of knowledge from mamas with experience and experts in the world of motherhood to young mothers that embark on this journey with us. You will benefit from the support, guidance and mentoring that this program offers.
The topics covered include:
- Introduction – Mind Mapping – (processing ideas, fears, strengths, weaknesses)
- Postpartum Depression / Baby blues
- Navigating Parenting
- Self-care and Mom Balance
- Sleep – baby and mom
- Nutrition – (healthy eating, easy meal planning, breastfeeding, bottle feeding)
- Identity / Goals
- Relationships and Sex after baby (body image)
Motherhood is a gift, not meant to be done alone. Let’s talk about it, all the fears, concerns, overwhelming thoughts and the joy and delight. Remember, it takes a village to raise a child, let this program be a part of your village.
“Grief is an emotional experience and no matter how hard society tries to act as if sad feelings don’t exist – THEY DO” -author unknown
At Mamas for Mamas we offer a program for Grief and Loss. We recognize that Grief is a difficult and lonely journey. Our goal is to offer support and companionship to mamas that have experienced loss. Loss comes in many shapes and forms, but the one thing it has in common, is pain; whether it is lost through miscarriage, stillborn, loss of infant or child, a life partner, friend, parent or sibling. No one should have to grieve this kind of pain alone.
Through this 6 week Grief and Loss Support Group, we offer support as you gain an understanding of the stages of grief and coping techniques on your grief journey. The group was designed with the purpose of creating a safe and intimate space for each individual to begin their healing journey. This is a safe place where we provide support for each other and provide the opportunity to experience new ways to understand your own grieving process and how to move forward in a new normal that you did not ask for.
This group is facilitated by a registered counselor.
Do you have questions about how to manage your finances? Would you like to feel more confident when making financial decisions? Take the first step to improving your financial future by joining Launch Okanagan me for 5 online classes where we will cover the following topics:
- Your relationship with money
- Saving and investing
- Credit and debt management
During our classes you will learn about:
- How your past experiences with money impact how you manage your money today
- How to create and manage a budget
- The different types of credit and how to manage credit responsibly
- Credit bureaus and how to maintain a good credit rating
- Compound interest and how it can impact your savings over time
- Different ways you can save: RRSP, TFSA, RESP
- Free money that is available for your child’s RESP
- Investment products you can use to save or invest your money
- Financial scams and how to protect yourself
Please bring your questions!
Your facilitator has over 20 years’ experience in banking and providing financial advice. Her passion is to help people feel confident when making financial decisions. Managing your finances doesn’t have to be complicated!