Mamas for Mamas Kelowna is hiring for the position of Branch Social Worker! This position reports to the National Director of Programs and Services. Wages and hours to be discussed with qualified candidates. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this rewarding role!
A clinical social worker professionally applies social work methods and theory to all clients, families/caregivers within the realm of the Mamas for Mamas mandate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- schedule and complete intakes
- enter client information into appropriate databases
- advocate for clients’ needs
- actively research resources within the community
- communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- collaborate with other professionals in the community
- refer clients/families to community resources and provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement, education, etc.
- monitor, evaluate and record client progress through follow ups and check ins
- Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals
- Respond to crisis situations such as suspected child abuse and mental health emergencies
- Maintain case files and records
- help people develop their skills and their ability to use their own resources and those of the community to resolve problems
- develop a domestic violence safety plan if necessary
- work within a multidisciplinary team
- Develop relationships and work collaboratively with other local agencies and non-profits
- Provide outreach support as requested by the clinical team
- Visit clients in the hospital as required
- Work with staff and clients in the Karma Market to ensure all needs are being assessed and met.