All persons working with clients will require a criminal record check on file and renewed every two years as per the Mamas For Mamas policy manual.
The Social Work Service Coordinator will support the Karma Market Manager and the branch Social Worker in terms of client care and resource navigation. The Supervisor for the Social Work Service Coordinator will be the Kelowna Branch Director. The individual will be a part of the Mamas Social Work team and will provide service to clients on a part time basis- 20 hours weekly. In addition, they will have 3+ years of experience or equivalent education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and complete intake/initial meeting with care providers
- Develop and implement community based-comprehensive care plans
- Work alongside non-profit partners to create collaborative resource plans
- Enter client information into appropriate databases
- Advocate for clients’ needs as appropriate
- Actively research resources within the community
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Identify complex issues and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Providing clients/ families access to services, such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement, education, etc.
- Monitor, evaluate and record client progress through follow-ups and check-ins
- Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths to determine their goals
- Maintain case files and records
- Help people develop their skills and their ability to use their own resources
- Work within a multidisciplinary team
- Transport clients when necessary to and from Mamas For Mamas office
- Operate with an anti-oppressive lens
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org