Mamas for Mamas is looking for an organized and dedicated individual to fill the position of full time, permanent in house bookkeeper at our head office in Kelowna, BC. Reporting to the National Director, Programs and Services, the bookkeeper will be responsible for all accounts payables, setting up digital transfers as a delegate and managing bi weekly payroll functions. Working in conjunction with the executive team including the CFO and national director, the bookkeeper provides daily financial operations support and admin support to senior management for the annual audit and AGM reports as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage accounting operations including bank reconciliations, journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
• Manage monthly organizational cash flow based on approved budget.
• Effectively communicate and present financial reports to the CFO and executive team as needed.
• Support compliance with all federal and provincial reporting requirements by reporting regularly to CFO
• Provide documentation as requested by CFO and audit accountants for the annual audit process
• Adhere to provincial, federal & internal financial policies and procedures to ensure that financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
• Oversee all financial requirements for program and grant revenues and prepare financial reporting materials as requested.
• Provide tax receipts to donors monthly or as requested. Provide backup to CFO for all charitable donations
• Adhere to financial accounting systems and a strong internal controls environment.
• Manage the daily allocation of capital assets and ensure that reports are provided as requested to CFO
• Oversee bi weekly payroll functions. Work with CFO to provide information required to complete monthly government remittances, annual T4s, T4As and ROEs.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma in business, finance or related field
• Minimum 3 years of book keeping experience.
• Excellent computer skills required; specifically Excel and Quick Books.
• Great organizational, communication and time management skills.
• Experience in a non-profit sector is an asset.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com